Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day One

Today is day one of an epic journey.  Whenever you begin something, you begin with a reason. I have to get in shape.  The reasons are clear to me : 

1. My body is a temple for God. When I'm in good shape, I'm a better husband, a better father, sharper mentally, and overall I function better. I'm more clear spiritually and my meditations are more insightful,  powerful, and effective. 

2.  I've found that when I don't keep my body in shape, I'm more prone to injury.  2 recent injuries have confirmed this: a right shoulder injury , and a lower back injury.

My major rule :  EVERY DAY, no recreation at all until I've done my charting. Like a doctor , charting is crucial. In this case, however, my patient is myself. 

Meals: 

zucchini & tuna  : 300 
protein drink : rice protein and cashew butter , soy milk :  250 
chipotle burrito bowl : black beans , rice, lettuce , guacamole 405 
fruit salad : 100 

total : 1100 

why so low ?  
There was plenty of food in the house but this week I'm eliminating all foods from my diet that I'm even moderately allergic to based on my food allergy test.  Also, we got home late and I decided not to eat a dinner because eating a big meal late ( circa 8 pm ) is not good for you.  I had a fruit salad instead. 

NEXT week, I'm adding back the foods I'm mildly allergic to, but on a rotation basis. 

This time, in my workout regime, I'm not focused with cramming my food into my system, but , instead, focusing more so on eating in a way that's in harmony with what my body needs ( along with decent supplements) . 

If I get 3000 calories in a day, but I'm bloated, and I'm eating foods that are causing inflammation in my body  , is that a net gain for that day ?  I don't know. It's one question I'm seeking the answer to. 






No comments:

Post a Comment